I absolutely adore South Park. The only other show that makes me laugh just as hard is Curb Your Enthusiasm. I always say that if I could spend the day with anyone, I would choose to be in the company of Larry David.
I read a few days ago on Mashable that the South Park creators wrote an episode on Facebook entitled, “You Have 0 Friends.” Naturally, I had to check it out. I just finished watching the episode online and must say it was absolutely brilliant. The writers did a fantastic job mocking the social networking site and shedding a light on just how superficial it truly is. They also ridiculed FarmVille players effectively, featuring a boy complaining that he did not have enough friends to fertilize his crops.
Gawker created a list of the top annoyances of Facebook that the episode covered:
- The moment your friends annoyingly pressured you into joining
- The moment your parents join, become obsessed, and take your ignorance of their profiles seriously
- The moment your significant other starts trolling your profile and realizes that you haven’t changed your relationship status
- The moment you realize that you have a friend who cares more about FarmVille than life itself
- The moment people who don’t actually know you in real life think that they do and take online interactions—or a lack of them—personally